OCI – DRCC – DBaaS – Oracle Exadata Machine – Linux – Virtualization – Oracle RAC – Grid Infrastructure – ASM – Data Guard – Tuning
Skills & Expertise
- Operating Systems: Linux, AiX, Solaris.
- Virtualization: VMware; Oracle VM; KVM
- Storage Area Networks: IBM Shark, IBM DS8800, Hitachi, EMC2 Symmetric, NetApp, HP 3PAR.
- Programming: Shell Script, SQL, PL/SQL, RMAN.
- Data modeling tools: Erwin, ORACLE Designer.
- Certifications: OCI Certified Architect Associate; Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c; Exadata Database Machine X3 & X4 Administrator; CompTIA Cloud Essentials.
- Oracle versions: 7.3, 8, 8i, 9i/RAC, 10g/RAC, 11g/RAC, 12c/RAC, 19c/RAC
- Backup/Recovery: RMAN, User Managed Backup/Recovery.
- High Availability: RAC, Grid Infrastructure, Data Guard, Automatic Storage Management (ASM).
- Tuning: operating system, network, database parameters, SQL and PL/SQL.
- Tools: Oracle Enterprise Manager (EM), DBVerify, LogMiner, Tkprof, SQL*Loader, import/export, Data Pump, Automatic Workload Repository (AWR).
- Architecture Design: I’m skilled in the design of complex Oracle database architecture based on standalone, clustered and virtualized implementations.
- Capacity Planning: performance analysis of database servers and storages in standalone and clustered environment.
- Capacity Management: competences and proven experiences developing capacity management plans for standalone and clustered configurations.
EMEA – DRCC Solutions Architect at Oracle
Mid-June 2021 – Present
I’m member of the Dedicated Region Cloud@Customer (DRCC) EMEA team, which assists the customers implementing the Oracle portfolio of public cloud services into their own data center.
Senior Principal Consultant / Data Architect at Trivadis AG
October 2020 – mid-June 2021
I supported Trivadis’s customers on the Conception (design and architecture), Construction (engineering, development), Automation and Life-cycle Management of data platforms on-premises, public cloud or hybrid.
Principal Consultant / Data Architect at Trivadis AG
April 2013 – October 2020
I worked as RAC DBA/Data Architect on customer projects, engineering and evolving complex architectures and Database Cloud solutions based on: commodity hardware, UNIX SMP servers and Oracle engineered systems (Exadata and ODA). When needed I supported the sales force as technical pre-sales. In addition to the consulting activities, I’m active member of Trivadis Training Center, and a Public Speaker.
Senior Consultant / Oracle RAC DBA at Trivadis AG
June 2011 – April 2013
I worked as RAC DBA/Data Architect on different projects and customers; among the major achievements:
- I built a Database Private Cloud for one of our international customers.
- I have been a key player of a small team that successfully completed a DWH PoC on Oracle Exadata Machine X3-2.
Senior Oracle RAC DBA at Credit Suisse
September 2007 – May 2011
I started working on Data Warehouse team where I faced several challenging activities, after 15 months I had the opportunity to move in a new group created for engineering RAC platforms based on Oracle 11g.
Oracle RAC DBA/Data Architect at IBM Global Services
April 2003 – August 2007
I worked at the same time in engineering and operation, acquiring maturity and experience about transactional databases (OLTP) active 24/7 with high availability configuration (RAC and Data Guard).
DBA Oracle at Alpha Sistemi
March 2002 – March 2004
I was in charge of new installations, database recovery, tuning operations and auditing activities on different IBM’s customers.
DBA Oracle at Help Company
March 2000 – February 2002
Management and development of Oracle databases, focusing on the following activities: backup/recovery, monitoring, PL/SQL procedures, tuning.