Since the launch of Oracle 12c R1 Beta Program (August 2012) at Trivadis, we have been intensively testing, engineering and implementing Multitenant architectures for our customers.
Today, we can provide our feedbacks and those of our customers!
The overall feedback related to Oracle Multitenant is very positive, customers have been able to increase flexibility and automation, improving the efficiency of the software development life cycles.
Even the Single-tenant configuration (free of charge) brings few advantages compared to the non-CDB architecture. Therefore, from a technology point of view I recommend adopting the Container Database (CDB) architecture for all Oracle databases.
Examples of Multitenant architectures implemented
Having defined Oracle Multitenant a technological revolution on the space of relational databases, when combined with others 12c features it becomes a game changer for flexibility, automation and velocity.
Here are listed few examples of successful architectures implemented with our customers, using Oracle Container Database (CDB):
- Oracle Multitenant combined with Oracle Grid Infrastructure (Clustering and ASM, with no additional cost), brings several advantages: Hight Availability, Horizontal Scalability, Elasticity, Cluster and Storage Foundation with advanced options like:
- Oracle Real Application Cluster.
- Quality of Service Management.
- Oracle Autonomous Framework.
- File System and Database Snapshot.
- Foundation of Oracle Autonomous Database 18c
- Database consolidation without performance and stability compromise here.
- Multitenant and DevOps here.
- Operating Database Disaster Recovery in Multitenant environment here.